Our business «Mesogiaki Eleones» is located very close to Athens, the capital city of Greece. We continue and evolve the legacy of a traditional company which has been in the EVOO production for five generations. We entered the EVOO packaging field in 2007 as well. The advantage we have is that we produce olive oil in our own modern oil mill and we can use methods which we have perfected through constant tests over the years.
From the collaboration of nature, tradition and technology, the extra virgin olive oil
- « Verus Hellenic Premium Monovarietal » is a tetralogy of flavors of tasty and aromatic casts of original Greek varieties, from different regions, some already known, and others completely new to the public. Available in limited quantities (about 2000lit / variety). The varieties are:
- It is only found in the area of Mesogeia, Attica. Not even in the rest of Attica. It can also claim the title of the most rare Greek variety.
- It is the famous variety of Evros, with very intense fruity aromas.
- The well-known and stable value of the Argolic land, with its particular taste.
- Last and great. The only thing we can say about Verus HPM koroneiki is that it is filled with a blend of selected extra virgin olive oils, of this variety, from the regions of Laconia, Messinia and Attica, giving a unique result.
- « Mesi Gaia » and « Mesi Gaia bio » comes from harvesting mostly a variety of olives known as Koroneiki (derived from the olive groves of Attika and Messinia) and a variety known as Klonara (the latter grows exclusively on the hills of Mesogeia).
With love, care, respect for the product and our long experience, we carry on our family tradition.
Our business is active in an area where many believe there are no crops. It is located very close to Athens, the capital city of Greece, where, according to mythology, Goddess Athena, planted the first olive tree. We cultivate a variety that is not found in any other region of Greece except in our region, according to the national catalog of varieties. This variety is called “Klonara”. The advantage we have is that we produce olive oil in our own modern oil mill and we can use methods which we have perfected through constant tests over the years. The olive trees are dry (not watered). For the collection of the olives the traditional method is followed (hands and special combs) and while the crop is still green (in October). Furthermore, the morphology of the ground and the microclimate of our region play a very important role in the quality of the EVOO we produce.
Our olive groves are located in eastern Attica, central Greece. The climate of the area is dry with a lot of sunshine and several hours of cold, which is necessary for its fruition. It is located 7 – 8 km from the sea and there are continuous hills with altitudes of 200 – 350 m.
The family olive groves consist of approximately 1800 productive olive trees. Over the last four years 500 more olive trees have been planted, which will start being productive this year. The main variety of our olive groves is “Klonara” and of course “Koroneiki” and secondary varieties are the “Maronias” and “Manaki”. Three people work permanently for our company, but during the harvesting period which lasts for about two months (October – November), three more people are employed on a temporary basis. Therefore during the harvesting season, in addition to the three permanent employees the olive press employs three more extras.
The recipe we have been following all these years is firmly specific. Unripe fruit which is collected by hand and is taken to the oil extract within few hours. In the olive mill the olives are washed with clean water, the kneading takes about 50 minutes, at 26 ° – 27° C. This is the temperature which the water of the decanter and the separators is kept in. The Storage of the EVOO is in clean rooms with temperatures up to 18 ° C, in inox tanks, with nitrogen filling. The methods described above are applied by a lot of producers. What I believe makes the difference in our case is the place where both ours and our suppliers’ olive groves are located, groves which we thoroughly visit every year before harvest.
We continue and have developed the legacy of a traditional company which has been in the EVOO production for five generations. We entered the EVOO packaging field in 2007.
In addition to the awards of our own EVOOs, we are also proud of a number of awarded EVOOs, which we have provided our customers with and have packed under our costumers’ individual labels.
Certifications and Awards
- Mesi Gaia & Mesi Gaia OrganicSILVER AWARD 2020, Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards, BRONZE KOTINOS 2018, International Olive Oil Competition, SILVER OLYMP AWARD 2018, GOLD OLYMP AWARD 2018, SILVER AWARD 2017, London International olive and olive oil Competitions, BRONZE AWARD 2016 , London International olive and olive oil Competitions, KOTINOS COMMENDATION , International Olive Oil Competition, BRONZE AWARD FOR TASTE , 6th Olive Oil Festival, KOTINOS COMMENDATION, Elaiotexnia 2015 exhibition, KOTINOS COMMENDATION, Elaiotexnia 2011 exhibition, BRONZE KOTINOS, Elaiotexnia 2010 exhibition, SILVER AWARD OF TASTE, 4th Olive and olive Festival, SILVER AWARD FOR TASTE , 2nd Olive and Olive oil Festival
- Verus Hellenic Premium MonovarietalBRONZE KOTINOS 2020, International Olive Oil Competition, Variety Klonara, GOLD KOTINOS 2019, International Olive Oil Competition, Variety Maronias, SILVER KOTINOS 2018, International Olive Oil Competition, Variety Manaki, SILVER OLYMP AWARD 2018, Variety Koroneiki, BRONZE OLYMP AWARD 2018, Variety Maronias, BRONZE KOTINOS 2017, International Olive Oil Competition, Variety Maronias, BRONZE KOTINOS 2017, International Olive Oil Competition, Variety Klonara
- Verus Hellenic Premium MonovarietalGOLD AWARD 2020, Berlin Global Olive Oil Awards “Packaging & Design”, SILVER AWARD 2019, London International olive oil Packaging Competitions