Since its beginnings in 1879, Boutari has pioneered, and still is, one of the main influencers, of modern Greek wine making, boasting six wineries around the country in the most prominent wine regions. Starting with the initial winery in Naoussa, through the years, wineries were created in Mantinia, Goumenissa, Attica and the islands of Santorini and Crete.
The Boutari wines are a testament to the amazing potential of Greek grape varieties. Xinomavro, Moschofilero, Assyrtiko and Agiorgitiko, to name but a few, take advantage of the diverse Greek terroir and yield wines with character, elegance and richness that will excite wine lovers and connoisseurs alike.
Apart from the hundreds of awards through the years in international competitions, which exemplify the remarkable work by the Boutari team of oenologists and their consistent emphasis on quality, Boutari has won some of the most coveted distinctions. Among other things, the winery went ahead to win “Wine & Spirits” Magazine “Winery of the Year” for the first time in 1992 and then another 18 times, the last one in 2020, ranking it among the top 6 wineries in the world.
With presence in over 25 countries, Boutari is a reference point for Greek wine worldwide. For more information on the company, wineries and products, visit www.boutari.gr.
We are probably the oldest Greek winery still in operation with concentrated experience of 140 years on Greek varietals and one of the most recognizable brands of Greek wine.
We have wineries in the most important Greek wine regions and produce wines from all the top indigenous varietals Moschofilero, Xinomavro, Agiorgitiko, Assyrtiko and many others. We have been exporting wine since 1935 and still do, to more than 25 countries around the world.
We have an extensive and diverse portfolio covering all market segments and all price points. The quality of our products is recognized by both consumers and connoisseurs proven by some of the most prestigious awards in the industry.
Certifications and Awards
- MOSCHOFILERO BOUTARI 2020GOLD AWARD, BERLINER WINE TROPHY 2021
- boutari winery - WINERY OF THE YEAR 2020WINE & SPIRITS MAGAZINE
- GRANDE RESERVE NAOUSSA BOUTARI 201384.4/100 – CONCOURS MONDIAL DE BRUXELLES 2020
- GRANDE RESERVE NAOUSSA BOUTARI 201394/100 – WINE & SPIRITS MAGAZINE 2020
- GRANDE RESERVE NAOUSSA BOUTARI 201391/100 – WINE ADVOCATE (SEPTEMBER ISSUE) MARK SQUIRES 2020
- NAOUSSA BOUTARI 2018BRONZE AWARD – 85/100, INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION THESSALONIKI 2020
- NAOUSSA BOUTARI 201789/100, WINE ADVOCATE (SEPTEMBER ISSUE) MARK SQUIRES 2020
- NAOUSSA BOUTARI 201792/100, WINE & SPIRITS MAGAZINE 2020
- NAOUSSA BOUTARI 2016SILVER AWARD, TEXSOM Wine Competition 2020
- MOSCHOFILERO BOUTARI 2019BRONZE AWARD – 85/100, INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION THESSALONIKI 2020
- MOSCHOFILERO BOUTARI 201988/100, WINE ADVOCATE (SEPTEMBER ISSUE) MARK SQUIRES 2020
- DIANTHOS 2019BRONZE AWARD – 89/100, DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2020
- DIANTHOS 2019BRONZE AWARD – 85/100, INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION THESSALONIKI 2020
- DIANTHOS 201987/100, WINE ADVOCATE (SEPTEMBER ISSUE) MARK SQUIRES 2020
- MOSCHOFILERO BOUTARI 2018SILVER AWARD, INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION THESSALONIKI 2019
- MOSCHOFILERO BOUTARI 201888/100, WINE SPECTATOR MAGAZINE 2019
- MALAGOUZIA MATSA 2018BRONZE AWARD, INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION THESSALONIKI 2019
- DIANTHOS 2018GOLD AWARD, BERLINER WINE TROPHY 2019
- NAOUSSA BOUTARI 201687/100, WINE SPECTATOR MAGAZINE 2019
- NAOUSSA BOUTARI 2016SILVER AWARD, TEXSOM Wine Competition 2019
- AGIORGITIKO BOUTARI 201691/100, WINE ENTHUSIAST MAGAZINE 2019
- boutari winery - WINERY OF THE YEAR 2018WINE & SPIRITS MAGAZINE